Monday, October 24, 2011

Cha Cha Cha Changes.....






On the eve before we deliver Briggs, the house is clean, quiet, Mommy’s exhausted, her hands are numb from the carpal tunnel I’ve endured and Ella is taking her very first nap in her big girl room. Ahh. The moments of peace. All is about to change and I’m feeling excited, nervous, emotional, but mostly overwhelmingly blessed. I keep giving myself pep talks- you can do this, you were meant to be a mommy to two kids, the c-section is going to be a breeze, all of those things. A lot has happened in the last few weeks. Ella is talking up a storm, loving on her “brutha” in mommy’s tummy, playing with her “babies” and loving them, becoming very attached to Daddy, Mommy & other family members. Mommy’s been busy getting the household ready for another baby. Cleaning out drawers, basements, organizing clothes, driving Daddy nuts, and Daddy’s been working his “bottum” as Ella would say off trying to get Ella’s BIG girl room done on time before Baby Briggs gets here. Last night was a sigh of relief for our whole family. Daddy finished her room, it looks AMAZING (of course, your Daddy does the most amazing work!) and Ella couldn’t be more excited, and Mommy couldn’t feel more blessed. This pregnancy has been very different from Ella’s….I’m having a hard time sleeping, my hands are numb all of the time, heartburn is horrible, and I’m just plain tired, BUT, in a few short hours it will all be worth it to meet my beautiful son and be able to add one more to our already incredible family. I can’t help but wonder what I’ve done in my life that would make God love me this much, but then, it all becomes clear. God loves me unconditionally, more than He c an explain, more than he can communicate, more than he can show. Much like the love I have for Ella and Briggs. Kids- I love you more than anything. You complete me in every way imaginable. My heart is so full because of you both. I cannot thank you for what you’ve brought to my life and I can only pray and hope that one day you will understand this love. I am scared to rock Ella’s world with another baby. I’m scared that Briggs won’t get my undivided attention like Ella did, but I’m SO very anxious to show you both how great family is. I cannot wait for “group hugs” and “cuddle time” and “hugs and kisses”, I cannot wait for the arguments, jealously and life lessons that come from it, and I cannot wait for when Ella protects Briggs from the mean kids at school and Briggs is sad when Ella goes away to school. I’m excited for you, anxious for all of us, and thankful that we all get to experience it together. I love you Ella. I love you Briggs. I love you Daniel. I love The Lamb Family and who we are. Thank you Jesus for blessing me with such an incredible opportunity to be a mom and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment