Monday, July 11, 2011

Sweetest Kid Ever

I know I'm biased. I should be, I'm her mom. But seriously, Ella is the sweetest 2 year old girl in the whole world. Sure, sometimes I loose my patience with her. Though, I will say that Ella you're lucky, because it does take me quite a bit to lose patience with you. I'm shocked at how much patience I have actually. Anyway, you seriously try to be the sweetest kid in the whole world. 2 examples. This weekend, we were in the kitchen and you were being VERY clingy. I couldn't get anything done (who does with a 2 year old?!) and you wanted "Up Mommy Up Up." I couldn't pick you up right then and there so you were pulling on my dress, a dress which didn't happen to have straps, so you pulled it down to the ground. There I stood in the kitchen with no clothes on. I yelled at you that it was a no no. You stood there, looked at me like I was shocked I was actually yelling and just stoically took it in. Then you said, "Mommy. Sorry." And ran into the living room, grabbed your blankey and laid on the floor. You were so sweet about it that it made me want to cry. Then last night when I was putting you to sleep, I was rocking you in my arms, and you put your hands on my face and I had this epiphany that one day you won't want me to hold you close, that you'll be pushing me away. So I had tears running down my face and I looked at you and said, "Ella, I love you so much, please don't ever grow up, okay?" And you responded…. "otay." Then I whispered, "I have to lay you down now in your crib, please don't cry, when you wake up you can cuddle with mommy and daddy, but don't cry, okay." And I laid you down, you rolled over and went to sleep. MELT MY HEART. In the middle of the night, you got up and I put you in our bed. You had a HUGE smile on your face, rolled over to daddy, put your hands on his face and kissed him right on the lips and said, night night. What a doll! A few hours later, (5am) we had bad storms and I had to get you out of your crib and bring you downstairs as the sirens were going off. You were still asleep when I carried you down. We laid on the couch together and you abruptly woke up, pointed as you gasped and said, "Mommy, Titan." He was in the living room and he's not supposed to be, and you were so worried about it. You crack me up. Tonight is swimming lessons. I'm as big as a whale, so we'll see how this goes…. Love you Ella Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment