Friday, July 22, 2011

Baby Briggs & More

Well, I must say, as excited as I am about the impending arrival of Baby Briggs in October, he sure did pick an outright FABULOUS time to come. These last two weeks have been the HOTTEST on record since 2003. Lucky, lucky me. Our energy companies are saying we have surpassed energy usage records (by a lot) and the power keeps going out due to too much air conditioners, etc… running. I’m a bit concerned about our electric bill for next month. Eek. So far I’ve been doing okay, though I did through a pity party for myself on Tuesday. I just felt miserable. Hot, icky, sticky, miserable. Even though our air and fans are running galore, the temp is still about 78 wherever you go. HA! Briggs you are a mover and a shaker. Seriously. I can NOT believe how much you move inside of me. I’m a bit afraid you’re like your sister too, you are picky about how I sit and what side I lay on. It’s now getting more and more difficult to maneuver myself in the middle of the night to get comfortable. You are kicking me so hard that I jump and that others can see it. Strong little devil you are. We’re excited to meet you and get LOTS of compliments on your name! Ella Bella, mommy had to go to Chicago this week overnight. I missed you so much you little booger. When I came home you kept taking me by the hand and this morning when we cuddled in bed before I had to come to work, you kept your hand on my face just to make sure I was there. You know ALL of your letters and you can count to 10 by yourself AND you can name all your shapes. You’re so smart and I have no idea how you picked up on all of those things. You LOVE to sing songs like “This little light of mine” and the “B-I-B-L-E” are your favorites. You know ALL of your body parts including your knees and your eyebrows and your favorite words right now are “See it?” “stuck” “hot” “ouchie” “Thank you Mommy” or “Thank you Daddy” or whoever is giving you what you want  HA! We love you both and I still can’t believe how much God loves me to give me gifts like you two.

No comments:

Post a Comment