Monday, August 15, 2011

Funniest Kid Ever

So, this weekend has been kind of a blur. Friday night we did nothing, which is kind of unusual for us. We did buy a double jogging stroller in preparation for Baby Briggs, Ella, you thought that was awesome, did NOT want to get out of it, only got out of it by kicking and screaming. Oh yeah, Friday night, you were horrible. Now I remember, how did I forget?! It was like the terrible twos hit and you were throwing fits about everything. Man, it was rough. Saturday wasn’t a whole lot better, you were still in this funk of a mood, but we did go to The Young’s house to celebrate Auntie Re’s Bday. They have cows and horses galore at the back of their lot and Ella was OBSESSED. How obsessed you ask? When we went over to pet the horses, you just started calling one of them Bubba out of the blue. “Bubba, come here.” “Bubba, I pet you.” “Bubba, Bubba, stop it Bubba.” HIL-arious. Where in the world you got that from we have no idea? You were so funny about it, Daddy and I are still laughing. Yesterday, we took you to the Sweet Corn Festival. It was a bust. They were even out of sweet corn (your favorite!), sooo, we all came back to our house with friends. You LOVE to show off for people. You kept telling Mr. Aaron “show” (that’s what it sounds like, it’s your short cut for “Let’s Go”) and kept taking him by the hand. You finally got him in the living room with you and gave him a sword to play swords with you and you kept saying “Hiiiiiiyaaaa.” What a riot. You’re CRAZY, I tell you that 100x a day! Today is your “Daddy day” the day you and Daddy get to stay home together and play. Mommy’s sad to be at work, but happy that you’re at home playing with him making the place a disaster.  Speaking of disaster, on Saturday morning, Mommy and Daddy were trying to catch a few extra winks of sleep since you woke up at 7 AM, so we turned on the TV for you. I caught you, out of the side of my eye, running into my closet with something. Daddy got up and chased you down, you had my lipstick EVERY-WHERE. Lovely. You are so obsessed with my makeup. Yesterday was also our last day at our current 46th Street location for New Covenant (insert tears here). It makes me misty eyed and said because that’s the aisle I walked down to meet your daddy on April 22nd, 2006. That’s the church we’ve come to love and cherish. Good news is that there’s a new building that’s big, beautiful and will become comfortable to us with time. I know it’s a good thing. Briggs, I think you liked the music a LOT because you sat there kicking me in beat throughout the entire sermon. Daddy could even see you kick sitting next to me. FYI, it hurts. You’re gonna have some strong arms and legs boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment