Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Around Here

Well, Mommy has had the last few days off to spend with Ella Bella and boy oh boy am I tired and is my house a DISASTER. Funny how that works. Ella came down with a case of impetigo last week- we seriously win an award for having the strangest diseases hit our family. She looked awful for a few days, but now looks EXTREMELY better. Ella, you handled it with grace, like always  Glad you are such a loving child. This week you TOOK OFF with your speech. You do NOT stop talking and it’s mostly demands like… “MOMMY….drink (or eat, or sleep or diaper or insert any other demand here)” or “DADDY… stop it or come on or Dora” or any other command. Miss Sara mentioned today that your speech has just gone crazy over the last couple of weeks. It’s so fun to see. This week we fed the ducks. Daddy and I were laughing at the other Daddy that was there with his kiddos, because he had a stick to ward off the ducks. Daddy turned to you and said jokingly, “Now Ella, don’t be afraid of the ducks.” You ran straight for them, tried feeding them by hand, and then when I turned around to look about 2 minutes later, realized we were surrounded, literally stuck by about 100 ducks/geese. I started freaking out (not you) and Daddy was getting a bit panicky too (mainly because one geese bit your finger, you told him to “Stop it.”), so Daddy had to go get a stick to ward them off, it was so funny!! You crack us up daily. If you are upsetting us and you know it, you will look down and roll your eyes up to the top of your eyes, but not look at us. SO funny. Last night, we went out for Mexican. Eating out with you is a pure disaster right now, not gonna lie. There is NOTHING remotely relaxing or enjoyable about it. BUT, you were actually being pretty decent for the beginning part last night. You LOVE LOVE LOVE chips and salsa. So you were dipping one chip in about 2 cups of salsa and eating it straight like that, and it was spicy stuff. This went on for about 20 minutes until finally you must have gotten a big wiff of something, because you started yelling “Hot Hot, Mommy Hot.” “Drink Mommy, drink drink.” Then you tried crawling out of the high chair to run, when I yelled at you to sit on your bottom, you said, “uh, Daddy, triangle, triangle Daddy.” You looked down, saw a triangle shape and knew that if you started saying your shapes we’d be happy with you and you’d get out of trouble (which happened). So stinkin smart! This morning, Daddy wasn’t feeling very well. You knew it because he was home still and in bed, which he normally isn’t by the time you wake up, you looked at him and said “Daddy, Daddy, you otay? You otay Daddy?” as you patted his back. The cutest thing EVER. Mommy took a bad fall on Sunday with Brigg’s in my belly and Ella in my arms. I tried to protect both babies (and did so successfully), just managed to badly damage my knee in the meantime. Briggs, your mom looks stellar walking around 7 months preggo while limping everywhere- awesome. Anyway, we had to go to the doctor and the nurse could NOT believe how Ella knew all of her numbers and letters. SO funny to hear you say them all. So proud of you for that. You also have been way into singing. The other day we caught you singing your first recognizable song all by yourself….to NO one’s surprise it was “Happy Birthday to You.” Thank you, Grandpa Colton! You LOVE to sing songs and its fun that you sing along with me now. Briggs, you have been kicking me so hard that I’ve about fallen off of my chair a couple of times. You get really excited when I eat ice cream (because its’ cold!) and really upset when I lay on my side and invade your space, you kick me until I give in and move, which makes me wonder if you’re going to be like Ella. I won’t lie, I’m hoping you’ll be a bit more laid back  Daddy and I bought lockers for your room to paint and we’re looking for a dresser and double stroller. The fun never stops!! We love you both more than words! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment