Wednesday, April 4, 2012

4 Months Old





Briggs, today you are 4 months old! What a wonderful, wonderful kid you are. You are so delicious I could eat you up all day long. You have turned into the happiest, sweetest baby. You rarely whine, fuss or cry. You have started REALLY liking your binky (what a difference a month makes!) and now when you want your binkie you make this cute face with your tongue and roll your tongue all around. You love love love your sister, and she loves you. Just last night Ella was gone from you for a couple of hours and when I saw her, the first words out of her mouth was, “Where’s Briggs?” followed by a “Hi, Mommy.” When she climbed in her carseat next to yours, your face lit up and you were all smiles as she held your hand and “danced” with you and smiled at you. You two are going to be two peas in a pod! Last night, we took you grocery shopping. You LOVED being in the moby seeing everything I saw, you were so good, you didn’t let out one peep. Imagine how awful I felt when I finally made it up to the checkout, I looked down only to notice you were asleep!! I felt horrible because I have no idea how long you were asleep for! The second we set you down, you roll over. You are a moving machine. You roll from front to back and back to front and all around. You love Mommy’s hair and pull on it and everything else you can get your hands onto. You laugh out loud at the funniest things. We caught you on tape this last weekend laughing when we dropped a diaper on your face. You started cereal this month and the first full week we tried it, you just let it drip out of your mouth, you wanted nothing to do with it. NOW, you can’t get enough of it. We are basically shoveling it into your mouth to appease you! You started to sleep through the night on a regular basis last week, that all changed again this week with a growth spurt. Mommy is ready to get sleep, but, she knows her nights of cuddling up next to you are limited, so I’m not in any hurry. You still don’t love to take a bottle. You really don’t like to take one from Daddy when you’re at home. I’m pretty sure you know you’re home, and you think I should be there, but you can’t figure out why I’m not feeding you. You play with toys now and sit in your saucer. You sit up for the most part, toppling over after a minute or so, but you are VERY, VERY strong. Daddy and Mommy have seen you up on your knees a couple of times acting like you are trying to crawl. Boy, I am not ready for that! You use your voice all the time to coo at us and talk to us. You are on a pretty good wake, play, sleep, eat schedule cycle. You still love baths and love your mommy. You follow my voice with your head all around the house and keep dibs on me all of the time. We are so in love with you and so very happy you are a part of our family. Life wouldn’t be complete without you and you fill our hearts with joy everyday. We love you Briggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment