Tuesday, April 24, 2012

6 Months Old

Briggsy boy, you, my dear son are 6 months old. Boy oh boy do we love you. You light up our lives and bring us sooo much joy!! I am so excited to be your mom and sooo excited to see what life has in store for you and what you have in store for life! This month you are a crawling, rolling, drooling, falling, head bumping, smiley, joyous mess. You. Are. Everywhere. 'Nuf said. You are pulling yourself up on things, you are falling and bumping your head. You smile with your mouth open and cry with your mouth open, give kisses with your mouth open. Basically, you do everything with your mouth open. There have only been a few times we've seen your mouth closed. Daddy keeps asking, "Are you sure that there's not something wrong with his mouth?" It's always open. And, its just so cute. I'm convinced you are showing off those beautiful lips that God gave you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't mean that your mouth will "always be open" once you start talking. Not sure I can take two of those J hehehe This month you started saying Mama. It's hard for well, because you always have your mouth open (catch the drift?). It's so fun to hear you say. You also give kisses and you have started taking a sippy cup like no ones business. In fact, you prefer it to the bottle. You still nurse great (especially at night, note this really means all night long) and you still take baby food awesome. We've been giving you a whole slew of stuff to try. I haven't found anything you don't like. You made a few faces with bananas, but who doesn't. I still hate bananas. You love being a part of the action. You have to know where Ella is at all times and you smile the biggest and laugh the loudest when she's around. You also cry the most when she hurts you takes a toy from you or hurts your feelings. She's had a couple of instances this month where she's pushed you down. You cried so hard with real big alligator tears. I'm convinced it was because your feelings were hurt more than anything else. Every morning the two of you love on each other and play so well together. I keep pinching myself because I can't believe how much you like each other. I know that this is too good to be true to stay this way for too long, so I'm just enjoying it while I can. By the way, Ella calls you Briggsy for everything. It's so cute. When people ask her what your name is she looks at them, and then at you and says, "Briggsy." You're starting to reach out for people when you want them to hold you. This month you had your first real "sickness." We took you in and you had an ear infection (well, they said, your ear was red and you had a fever, so they gave you amoxicillian). Right after you started taking the amoxicillin, you had a couple horrible nights in a row. You would. not. sleep. for. nothing. I even spent one night on our hard wood floor under your swing. It was horrible. Probably some of the worst nights I've had in 2.5 years of parenting. As we were getting ready for night #3, I undressed you and noticed a horrible red, raised rash everywhere, all over your body. You were allergic to the amoxicillin. Pharmacist said you probably had been itching everywhere and just broke out into the rash a few days delayed. I felt horrible that you felt horrible and so much relief that we were both going to get sleep. Ever since we stopped the medicine, you've been a dream. Sleeping, eating, everything. You even took a 4.5 hour nap for daddy yesterday. I made him wake you up! The hardest thing about you is having you fall asleep, you don't fall asleep easy. We're working on it, but some nights it can be difficult. Other than that, you are the easiest, most laid back, happy baby I know! Right now you are LOVING your jumparoo. Jump jump jumping everywhere. I love you Briggs. You are the apple of my eye and you make my heart so very happy. SO glad you are a wonderful, necessary part of our family. Love you baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment