Monday, April 16, 2012

Mommy Fail #408,284 and Daddy Fail #4



Well this has been a challenging week. First off, the kiddos have the cruds. Ick. Briggsy has his first ear infection, his first anti-botics, we've had many a late nights and early mornings trying to soothe the kid. Poor boy. Ella has also had the cruds, AND, we're potty training. Seriously, potty training is for the birds. I can honestly say, I have never complained about having to change a diaper. It really just isn't that bad for me. Even with 2 in diapers. I'm lucky, Dan helps change diapers (I've heard the horror stories of the dads that won't even look at diapers), but I really don't mind doing it. Weird, I know. The only reason we're even on the potty training band wagon is because I do feel it's time, AND, because those #2's are kiddo #2's anymore, so before I start to complain about diaper duty, I thought we should at least try. And it's going well (more on that later), until Monday. I had to stay home with sicky kids. All of our attitudes could have been a bit peachier, when "it" happened. Mommy Fail #408,284. All weekend Ella had been doing great potty training, seriously, like a total of 4 accidents. But going poopy? Another story. The kid likes to poop her pants. I've heard it's common. We're working on it. On this particular Monday, she poooped everywhere and I had to clean it up (like usual), and since we were spending day 487 (ok really only day 4, remember the "peachier" part?) at home during our "potty training bootcamp" I reached for another pair of pajamas. There was a chill in the air, so I reached for the footed PJ's. Always a household favorite. WAS a household favorite. About 30 minutes after I changed Ella's clothes and under garmets, I was tending to Briggs when Ella gave me a sideways look- not unusual from a 2 year old I might add. I turned, sniffed and said, "No you didn't".... yep, she pooped again. As she started running from me I could hear the splat splat splat in the pants. Where does poop go when you wear footed pajamas? That's right folks. Mommy Fail #408,284. After scrubbing down the whole house, all of Ella and just basically being besides myself, I took a picture and shot it to Dan who (luckily) was at work. The caption read, "Hi Hon, Hope you're having a good day. Look what you're missing out on here. Love ya" I knew, just knew that after taking a glance a little bit of throw up would enter his mouth. It did. Gratitute for all of my diaper days also ensued.

Today was "Daddy day" for the kids. I got home and realized quickly that Daddy had Daddy Fail #4. Dan stated very matter of factly that Ella somehow cut her foot (these details are still blurry) and in her "excitement" of cutting her foot, she ran all over the couch (ALL OVER THE COUCH) and got blood everywhere. I love my husband TO DEATH, but sometimes he can exaggerate a bit (he probably gets it from me), so I asked Ella how her foot was (I think) and hem hawed my way to the couch to find blood ALL OVER THE COUCH. Seriously, I think Ella must have walked every inch of that couch. Luckily for us, we have microfiber (thank you Dan for talking me into that purchase!) and we took the cushions off and washed them. The day has been saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment